Watching our parents grow old is a wonderful thing. But sometimes caring for them alone in our busy world can be quite challenging and demanding as well. So, if you are looking to get helping hands, home health care is an option many families with seniors choose to make.
This is because it makes aging easier, safer, and more enjoyable, especially for our seniors. To help you make the right choice, we will provide you with an overview of home health services. You will learn everything necessary to determine if home health care is the best option for your elderly loved one.
What is Home Health Care?
Home health care is a simple term used to describe a range of in-house general assistance and health care services for people, especially those experiencing illness or going through the aging process. Home health care incorporates a wide range of services that are mainly provided to allow aged, disabled, ill, or even recovering persons to remain independent in their homes.
Caregiving for seniors is an absolutely demanding job, but one that is successful when done as a team. Home healthcare providers assist with caregiving duties when they become really challenging for a loved one or spouse to handle. Home health care and home care services are two different terms, and it is important that you be able to differentiate between them. While home health care may include some home care services, it is medical in nature.
While home health care entails assisting a person in recovering from an illness or injury, home care services also include housecleaning and other domestic chores. Licensed practical nurses, home health aides, and therapists are the most common types of home health care providers. They offer excellent nursing, speech therapy, and physical and occupational treatment. It occasionally also entails assisting older people with activities of daily living, including eating, getting dressed, and bathing.
Types of Home Health Services
The home health services a senior can receive at home are limitless. It all depends on the senior’s situation and needs; home health care ranges from nursing care to specialized medical services. Here are some home healthcare services:
This is one of the most common types of home health care, and this type of nursing care depends greatly on the person’s needs. However, a registered nurse will design a care plan for the elder in consultation with the doctor. This nursing care may include administering medication, monitoring the general health of the senior, dressing wounds, especially if the senior is injured, therapy, and other health support.
Care from Home Health Aides
Home healthcare professionals also help a senior with basic personal needs such as walking, getting out of bed, dressing, and even bathing. These home healthcare aides have gotten special training on how to help seniors with more specialized and compassionate care under the supervision of a professional nurse.
Basic Assistance Care
Sometimes, when a senior can no longer do some basic things due to old age or is being medically cared for, another trained home health aide is employed to assist with tasks or chores at home. These social workers can help maintain the household with basic things such as laundry, grocery shopping, meal preparation, and other things. All of these are definitely put in place to make the patient’s home more comfortable and safe for the senior.
What Are the Benefits of Employing Home Health Care Services in Mobile, AL?
There are several benefits attached to employing the services of a home health agency for seniors. Some of these benefits include the following:
- Assistance with occupational and physical therapy for seniors or post-surgery patients who would prefer staying at home to senior home care.
- Ability to schedule a visit with their highly trained nursing care at their convenience with professionals trained to administer therapies.
- Provision of home health care aides with senior-specific training and resources to meet the needs of different seniors in a highly professional manner. This training includes emergency prevention, cultural sensitivity, and fall prevention, among others.
- Home health caregivers also provide assistance to help seniors adapt to their environment and home and make their living space more comfortable, more accessible, and safer.
- Home health care aides also provide family and loved ones a break from assistance and care responsibilities.
- There are many assistance options available that may not be limited to medical and healthcare. There are other home health care services that include help with general housework, chores, and tasks.
- Personalized home health care for seniors can ensure that their needs are attended to more compassionately and professionally.
- It also provides peace of mind to the senior and their loved ones, knowing their senior is in capable and safe hands.
Get the Best Care for Your Senior in Mobile, Alabama
For many families, home health care is an essential service that is preferred over putting their aging loved ones in a hospital or nursing home. Home health care services are a convenient, effective, and affordable option with a lot of benefits for seniors and their families.
At Your Choice Senior Care, we offer an expansive range of home healthcare services for seniors. Our in-home healthcare professionals have a vast wealth of specialized knowledge and expertise to provide the high-quality care found in a hospital or nursing facility. Trust us to provide personal care for your senior, and be at peace. Contact us today to Schedule An In-Home Assessment